* BlackBerry with Handheld Software version 4.2.1+
* BlackBerry 8100, 8300, 8800 series
* POP3 Email account (e.g. ISP Email or Gmail with POP3 enabled)
* BlackBerry Internet Service
* Direct TCP Connection
* High-Speed Wireless Network (EDGE or Equivalent)
* Unlimited Data Plan & Micro SD Card Recommended
If you already know your way around the BlackBerry follow these steps to get going quickly:
1. Login to your BIS account and configure a POP3 email account.
2. Install MediaPOP to your BlackBerry using the desktop software.
3. Go to the BlackBerry Options Screen and open the MediaPOP options.
4. Configure MediaPOP with your POP3 account information.
5. For GSM networks, enter APN under Options > Advanced Options > TCP
*Make sure you select the email account you configured in step 1 above.*
*Double check that you entered your account information correctly.*
Don't forget that Google Gmail uses port 995 and a SSL/TLS connection.
How to test MediaPOP:
Send an email with an media file attached to the account you configured.
Make sure you select a format that is compatible with your BlackBerry.
You can use one of the sample media files provided if necessary.
Open the email you receive on the BlackBerry, scroll to attachment at the bottom of the email and select "MediaPOP" to download and/or playback.
See the PDF file for detailed instructions.